Our Honourable Minister of Business
Hon. Minister Hans Dominic Gaskin, MP.
Our Board of Directors
1. Ms. Patricia Bacchus, LLB (Distinction)
2. Education: LLB with Distinction (2004) – Law Department, University of Guyana; Legal Education Certificate of Merit (2006) – Hugh Wooding Law School.
3. Current Position – An Attorney-at-Law by Training, Ms. Bacchus is the Chief Executive Officer of Caribbean Container Inc. (formerly SAPIL). Caribbean Container Inc. is a Publicly Traded Manufacturing Company. She currently sits on the Council and previously sat on the Executive Management Committee of the Private Sector Commission. She was initially appointed to the Board of Directors of GO-Invest in 2015, and in January of 2016 Ms. Bacchus was appointed Chairperson of the Board of GO-Invest for the years 2016 and 2017. Currently, she also sits as a Director on the Board of Atlantic Hotels Inc. (Marriott) and as Director on the Privatization Board.
4. Past Positions: Ms. Bacchus has chaired the Board of the Environmental Protection Agency, and has been a Director on the Guyana Gold Board and the Protected Areas Commission Board. Ms. Bacchus has also lectured law at the University of Guyana for 5 years, in areas such as corporate governance. Prior to being named CEO of Caribbean Container Inc. in 2014, Ms. Bacchus was the Chief Operating Officer for two years and prior to that she was the Company Secretary and Director of Administration.
5. Overall experiences: Ms. Bacchus offers a blend of expertise in Executive Administration and Operational Management combined with a strong bias for legal and systems compliance as well as corporate governance best practices. She is a skilled negotiator and solution oriented professional, particularly in the areas of dispute resolution and risk mitigation. Proven success in corporate and operational restructuring with skills in cost reduction and profit oriented reformulation of Management Systems, Administrative and HR Policies.
6. Awards: While reading for her Law Degree, Ms. Bacchus was the recipient of the Anne Blue Memorial Award, the Cavendish Book Prize and the Pro-Chancellor’s Medal for the best graduating Law Student, having secured her LLB with distinction. At the Hugh Wooding Law School, Ms. Bacchus was awarded the Legal Certificate of Merit, the Government of Guyana Prize for Most Outstanding Law Graduate, the Council of Legal Education Prize for Most Outstanding First Year Student, the Book Specialist Prize for Most Outstanding Law Student and the M.H. Shaw Memorial Award for Best Performance in Legal Drafting. She is also the recipient of the Chamber of Commerce Young Business Executive Award for the year 2012.
2. Dr. Shamir A. Ally, PhD., MBA, BBA, FAIA (UK), DTM.
i). Education: PhD. (Management); MBA (Business Administration); BBA (Accounting); FAIA (UK, Accounting); DTM (USA Toastmasters International for Effective Listening, Thinking, Speaking and Parliamentary Procedures).
ii). Current Positions :
• Deputy Chariman, GO-Invest Board of Directors
• CEO & President :International Consulting Services
• SAP ERP Consultant: An enterprise-wide information system designed to coordinate all the resources, information, and activities needed to complete business processes such as order fulfillment, billing, human resource management, and production planning with MODULES >Finance Accounting; Controlling; Sales & Distribution; Human Resources; Production Planning; Materials Management; Quality Management; Plant Maintenance; and Project Systems
• Professor of Management : William Loveland College/ILM, MBA Program
• External Ed.D. Examiner : George Washington University
• Visiting Professor : Qatar University; Romanian-American University; and University of Guyana
• State of North Carolina, Notary Public
• Advisory Board Member: World Institute of Action Learning, Washington, DC, USA: http://www.wial.org/
iii). Past Positions :
• 20 Years Businesses’ Experiences in Guyana 1960-1979.
• 27 years of USA Businesses’ Experiences as Corporate Controller; Chief Accounting Officer; Vice-President of Finance; and Chief Financial Officer at AMEX, NYSE, and NASDAQ, Listed PUBLIC Corporations, in New York and Pennsylvania, USA.
• U S Government, Internal Revenue Service, Federal Revenue Agent in New York, USA.
• 30 years of USA Teaching Experiences at Undergraduate & Graduate Levels, BBA, MBA, Ed.D. and Ph.D.
iv). Overall experiences :
• GLOBAL experiences in the following (15) Industries & Services: Electronics, Apparel, Printing & Packaging, Insurance, Financing, Lotteries, Pharmaceuticals, Sugar, Rice, Spices, Gold, Diamonds, Accounting, Auditing & Consulting Services, and Universities.
• Visited 72 Countries on 5 Continents, 44 of USA’s 50 States, and 11 USA Presidents’ Libraries & Museums. (5 Republicans, 5 Democrats, 1 Federalist, FOUNDING President George Washington)
v). Community services : Central Demerara Lions, Guyana, from 1968; 1984-85 Lions International District 20-K2 Governor, Long Island, New York, USA, then to Lions in Pennsylvania and North Carolina, USA.
• USA AWARD: May 11 1994, Washington, DC, Republican Senatorial Inner Circle, Medal of Freedom, from USA President George Herbert Walker Bush, for ” Dedication, Unwavering Support, and as a Prominent Leader in the Republican Party.” (This is the Highest Honor the Republican Members of the US Senate can bestow).
• Guyana Recognition : October 31, 2010 Alliance for Change Party GOLD KEY, August 17, 2015, “Dr. Shamir Ally Reading Corner” at University of Guyana Library, and January 17, 2016, Guyana’s Prime Minister Award.
• Lions International: 100% District Governor; Key of Nations Award (100 New Lions Sponsored); 3 New Clubs Charter Award; Founder Melvin Jones 5 Diamonds Award; and 1967 at Central Demerara Lions Club, Lions International Ambassador of Goodwill Award from Past International President Jorge Bird, Puerto Rico, USA.
3. Mr. Basil Blackman, AA, MBA
• MBA – Baruch College CUNY, Management & Accounts.
ii) Current Positions:
• Director, GO-Invest Board of Directors
• CEO & Owner, H&R Block Franchise in Lithonia & Stone Mountain, Georgia, USA, for the past ten (10) years.
• Ministerial Advisor on the Diaspora affairs, within the Ministry of the Presidency.(Pro-Bono)
• Director – Guyana Fisheries
• Director – GNSC
iii) Past Positions (USA):
• Chief Executive Officer/Owner – Blackman Tax Consulting Company engaged in Management Consultancy for small and medium businesses.
• Corporate Tax Consultancy & Preparation for individual and Companies for ten (10) years.
Past Positions Guyana:
• Fleet Manager: Guyana Fisheries – 4 years
• Marine Superintendent – Guyana National Shipping Corp. – 10 Years
• Commission Officer – Guyana Defence Force – 6 years
iv) Overall Experiences:
• Member/Director of H&R Block Franchise. Leadership Counsel participating in strategy planning of $22 billion revenue and 168,000 employees.
• Administer, and overseeing my company client base of about 5000 clients and staff in very fast track individual and company tax preparations.
v) Community Services:
• Community services with the Guyana Association of Georgia as a Treasurer for four (4) years and trustee and bringing together Guyanese for helping Guyana in promotion of education for youth development projects and mission to Guyana.
• President of Ex Guyana Defense Force Officers Association of Georgia.
• Medal – Order of Golden Arrow of Achievement, Cooperative Republic of Guyana.
• Medal from Guyana Association of Georgia for Services.
• Medal: Ex-GDF Association of Georgia for services.
4. Mr. Rajandra Singh, MBA, BSc.
Guyana Revenue Authority Representative
i). Schools attended:
• Covent Garden Secondary School
• St. Roses High School
• B Sc. Economics (University of Guyana)
• MBA (Business Administration), Australian Institute of Business/Nations University (Guyana)
ii). Current Positions:
• Director, GO-Invest Board of Directors
• Senior Manager (ag), Tax Exemption Processing and Verification Division, Guyana Revenue Authority.
• Chairman, Guyana Divya Jyoti Association (Religious)
iii). Work Experience:
• Experience in the Guyana Revenue Authority (and formerly the Customs and Excise Department) serving as:
– Customs Officer (various levels) at different locations including Wharves, Warehouse, Airport, Transit Sheds and Head Office;
– Operational and tactical managers in the following functional Divisions:
– Law Enforcement and Investigations Division
– Revenue Protection Unit
– Intelligence and Risk Management Division
– Tax Exemption Processing and Verification Division
• Customs Officer 1 and 11
• Advanced Customs Valuation: Caribbean Customs Law Enforcement Council
• Counter Terrorism Capacity Building: Canada Border Services Agency
• Training of Trainers: Cave Hill School of Business, University of the West Indies
• Customs Management and Leadership: IDB-Integration and Trade Sector
5. Mr. Durwin S. Humphrey, B.A., PGDip, MBA
Guyana Lands and Surveys Commission Representative
i). Education: Master’s Degree- Business Administration (MBA), Post Graduate Diploma (Development Studies), Project Leadership- Cornell University, B.A. International Relations
ii). Current Positions:
• Director- GO-Invest Board of Directors
• Policy Analyst- Guyana Lands & Surveys Commission
• Director- Merundoi Incorporated Board of Directors
• Lecturer- Enterprise & Entrepreneurship (ICA)
• Member of the BOE, NSTAD
iii). Past Positions:
• Programme Manager- Merundoi Incorporated
• Strategic Planning/Management Consultant
• Project Manager of International donor funded development Projects from the European Union, USAID, UNICEF, IDB, NDI, UNFPA.
Mr. Humphrey has extensive experience in strategic policy areas, strategic management, entrepreneurship training, sustainability and institutional strengthening particularly in civil society organizations and Government Agencies in Guyana. He has designed, implemented and evaluated several development projects in Guyana (inclusive of training youth and women in entrepreneurship) which involved robust framework design, budgeting, monitoring as well as interim and post project evaluation.
6. Ms. Euliene Watson, MSc, BSc.
Ministry of Natural Resources Representative
i) Education: MSc (Project Management); BSc (Mining); Diploma (Civil Engineering);
ii) Current Positions :
• Director, GO-Invest Board of Directors
• Director, Guyana Geology and Mines Commission (GGMC) Board of Directors
• Member of the Closed Area Committee for allocation of lands within the Mining Sector
• Technical Officer for Mining at the Ministry of Natural Resources
iii) Past Positions:
• Consultant, Project Engineer at Reunion Manganese Inc.(2011-2013)
• Senior Special Project Engineer GGMC (2010-2011)
• Senior Environmental Officer 11 GGMC (2001-2010)
• Coordinated the UNDP sponsored Education and Public Awareness Project aimed at sensitizing miners to the Environmental Regulations for mining in Guyana.
• Advised on environmentally sound mining, metallurgical and mineral processing techniques for environmental mitigation and remediation, and on new policies, plans and programmes of the GGMC significantly affecting the environment.
• Worked with the private mining industry for the scoping of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA’s).
• Coordinated and managed field exercises and worked in partnership with the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) sponsored Guyana Environmental Capacity Development (GENCAPD) Project looking at water quality management and mercury levels in both water and humans.
• Coordinated and managed the GGMC’s participation in Tailings Management for small and medium scale mines, sponsored by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF).
v) Community service:
Former International Commissioner for the Guyana Girl Guides Association.
7. Private Sector Commission Representative
8. Mr. Hilbert shields
i) Education: Master of Public Administration – Dalhousie University- N.S. Canada; Bachelors of Social Sciences – University of Guyana (Distinction); Diploma- Social Sciences – University of Guyana; Trained Teachers.
ii) Current Position: Mr. Jordan currently holds the post of Ministerial Advisor to the Minister of Public Infrastructure.
iii) Past positions:
• Mr. Jordan has more than three decades of work experience both in and out of Guyana. His experience spans a number of sectors, ranging from education, to finance, and infrastructure. He had served as Permanent Secretary for the Ministry of Public Works and Communications (Guyana) from 1999 to 2005 and also as the Permanent Secretary for the Ministry of Tourism and Industry and Commerce (Guyana) in 2005. From there, Mr. Jordan spent the next decade in Canada in the field of Education.
• Mr. Jordan also served as a Senior Planner in the State Planning Secretariat (SPS) the Ministry of Finance (Guyana); a Senior Planner in the Multilateral Financial Institutions of the Ministry of Finance (Guyana); and as a planner in the State Planning Secretariat, Regional Planning Division.
• Mr. Jordan’s other professional experiences include, serving as the co-chair of the Canawaima Ferry Services; a Member of the Boards of Directors of the Cheddi Jagan International Airport Corporation and the Guyana Civil Aviation Authority; Vice Chairman of the Caribbean Telecommunications Union; Country Representative of the International Telecommunications Union; and a member of the Commonwealth Telecommunications Organization.
• Additionally, Mr. Jordan has represented Guyana at a number of international conferences. These include:
– UNDP – World Bank and the State Planning Secretariat- Financial and Economic Evaluation of Investment Projects.
– CIDA (GEM-P /GOG)- Training of Trainers (Program Budgeting)
– National Democratic Institute – Strategies for Local Government Trainers.
– Inter-American Development Bank- GOG – Loan Negotiator- Washington, USA
– Bi-Lateral Steering Committee Meeting- Guyana – Brazil Road –Brazil
– Executive Steering Committee Meeting – Infrastructure development of South America – Bolivia
– Caribbean Tourism Organization – Sustainable Tourism.
10. Ms. Anyin Choo – Ministry of Foreign Affairs Representative
i) Education: Reading for MBA: Australian Institute of Business (2016-present), Bachelor’s of Art in Languages: Beijing Language and Culture University (2000), Diploma Computer Science: University of Guyana (1996), Fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese.
ii) Current Position:
• Director- GO-Invest
• Director of Foreign Trade
• Ministry of Foreign Affairs
• Special Advisor, Executive Committee of the Chinese Association of Guyana
.iii) Past positions:
- Head of Diaspora Unit, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (2011-2017)
- Deputy Chief of Mission, Guyana Embassy, Beijing (2010-2011)
- Charge d’ Affaires/Acting Head of Mission, Guyana Embassy, Beijing (2008-2010)
- Pavilion Director , Guyana Pavilion, World Expo Shanghai 2010
- Director, Board of Directors of St. Rose’s High School (2007-2008)
- Director, Department of International Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Trade and International Cooperation (2006-2008)
- Chair, National Technical Working Group on Intellectual Property Rights (2001- 2008)
- Foreign Service Officer, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (2000-2006).
Additionally, Ms. Yin possesses a wide range of expertise and experience in the diplomatic, administrative and managerial fields. She has participated in the negotiation, monitoring and implementation of a number of bilateral agreements and projects over the years and was involved in the preparation of and participated in a number of official bilateral visits. She also has good negotiating and leadership skills with the ability to be a natural team player. Ms. Yin also posses excellent problem solving and analytical skills, with a good track record of increasing organizational efficiency and efficient budget management and execution within approved allocations. In addition, she also has experience in trade, investment and tourism promotion as well as participated in a number of trade and investment fairs around the world. She was instrumental in coordinating Guyana’s participation in World Expo 2010 in Shanghai, China.
11. Member – Parliamentary Opposition Representative
12. Mr. Owen Verwey
Chief Executive Officer – Guyana Office for Investment