The Guyana Office for Investment (GoInvest) and Thompson Management Consulting, LLC will host the Guyana Trade, Tourism, and Investment Expo 2013 on March 16 and 17, 2013 at the Conference Center of Georgia Piedmont Technical College (formerly DeKalb Technical College), located at 495 North Indian Creek Drive, Clarkston, GA 30021. The Expo will focus on the following main objectives:
- Promote export-ready products grown and manufactured in Guyana and tourism to potential markets;
- Reconnect with current markets and identify new target markets to expand product awareness for increased market share;
- Expose Guyana’s vast beautiful vacation sites and resorts to potential tourists who have never traveled to Guyana, and increase its BRAND position as a major tourist destination;
- Build trade and investments through one-on-one meetings with business owners to establish potential alliances and joint ventures between companies in Guyana and companies in the U.S.;
- Host a presentation to discuss how to grow Guyana’s competitiveness within the world markets;
In addition, there will be a presentation of fashion from top designers in Guyana, and entertainment featuring several cultural performances. Come ready to purchase items and indulge in various food samples. This event is free and open to the public between 9am and 10pm on both days.
The Cooperative Republic of Guyana is located in South America, bordering Venezuela, B razil, and Suriname. Guyana is a country geographically located in South America, but shares much of its rich culture with the Caribbean. Guyana’s unique blend is influenced by Indigenous Amerindian, East Indian, African, British, Dutch, and Chinese culture. It has an abundance of waterfalls, rivers, wildlife, and pristine forests. Guyana’s warm tropical climate makes it a vacationer’s paradise, not only for eco-tourists who enjoy the interior, but for those who are looking for adventure, relaxation, and an experience unmatched by any other in the region. The primary language spoken is English, and visitors will find our hospitality warm and inviting. There are a plethora of opportunities for entrepreneurs looking to invest in Guyana, and with a literacy rate of 91.8%, investors will find a favorable advantage in hiring local Guyanese for employment.
We invite you to come out and visit with us on March 16th and 17th at the Expo to learn more about Guyana. For more information please feel free to contact the individuals below.
|Ms. Uchenna Gibson
Export Promotion Officer
592-227-0653 or 592-225-065
|Mr. Shawn Doris
592-227-0653 or 592-225-0658
|Austin E. Thompson, Jr., MBA, MPM
Thompson Management Consulting,
LLC 307 Arbor Drive
Duluth, GA 30096
|Radio Advert (Click to play)|